Obamonsters Inc.© has been flooding the zone with pure insanity about the health scare plan, much of it actually in the bills. Not only are the bills filled with billions, perhaps trillions, in giveaways to ACORN, Americorps, the SEIU, and foreign tourists, they have abortion and euthanasia mandates that would, in turn, close Catholic hospitals and deny curative care to sick old folks while paying doctors to kill them. There are lies galore about the contents of the bills from the flapping gums at the White House. The whole Cloward-Piven mess of lies is confusing because the Dems want it to be. Where is a poor conservative seeker of truth to go in this world of lies and confusion constantly being spit out from the government, newspapers, television news and all those who have long claimed the mantle of truth-telling only to betray the trust we gave them? If you go look at the census data, you will see that those earning above the average income are more likely to be uninsured than those below. People with more money are more likely to have no insurance than those with less. This is clearly not a problem with affordability, but with making a big deal out of nothing. It’s the Chicken Little syndrome.
So since Obamascare is so senseless, we need all the help we can get to make sense of it. Thus the round-up. I’ll put out my links. Readers add their links. I will keep up the updates with your updates for a while. Comment up a storm to make it better.
The Awful and Unbearable Bills Themselves
- Senate: HC09 (pdf only) as of July 29. Index here.
- House: HR3200 (and pdf) as of July 14. Index here.
- The Infamous Healthcare Flowchart
Reading the Bills
Blogs and Resources
- New Atlantic: Diagnosis Blog
- RedState: healthcare, health care, obamacare.
- Keith Hennessey
- Mike Shedlock
- Jeannieology: 66.6 Elder Deathscare Initiative
- nessa, Take the Pill and Go Quietly into the Night
- wellsy, Health care reform’s misconceptions and why it’s now delayed
- Betsey McCaughey at Defend Your Health Care
- Shikha Dalmia: Obama’s Top Five Health Care Lies, Myth of Free Market Health Care
- George Newman: Parsing the Health Reform Arguments
- American Economic Institute for Research: “Elder Inflation” and Health Costs, Lessons from Massachusetts
- American Enterprise Institute: Health Policy Studies
- Heritage Foundation: Health Care Reform
And I would be remiss if I did not mention my most recent thinking on the Health Care debate: Chicken Little is not a story to emulate.
- National Taxpayers Union: Analyzing Obama’s Health Care Rhetoric, House Democrats’ Health Plan Contains Words of Coercion — not Choice — Text Analysis Shows, Obamacare: Rhetoric vs. Reality, Visualized
- Gateway Pundit: President’s own Physician is Against Obamacare (and at NPR)
- Randy Streu, Obama, Ezekiel and the Rationed Health Care Lifeboat
- Hunter Baker: 5 Simple Arguments Against Government Healthcare