Pass it around!
- TAX DAY TEA PARTY – GULFPORT, MS
- Gulfport Sportsplex (Directions)
- 17200 16th St
- Gulfport, MS 39503
- April 15, 2009 a little bit before 6PM Central Time. If they show up, TV Cameras from WLOX-TV will be there at 6PM so do not be late. Bring a smile, a handshake, a positive attitude and a chair. Don’t expect to find seating at the Sportsplex. Bring a chair. Really.
- On December 16, 1773 three tea ships were docked in Boston Harbor. The Collector of Customs for Boston stated that he would not allow the ships to leave the harbor until the tea tax had been paid. The Americans, understanding that if they paid the duty, no matter how small it was, they would acknowledge and reinforce the British Parliament’s right to levy on them any tax it wanted. Some 7,000 angry Bostonians watched the ships that day. That night about 200 men disguised themselves as Indians, marched to the wharf while hooting and hollering, and threw the cargoes of tea into Boston Harbor.
In 1773 the imposition of a relatively petty tax led to the original Boston Tea Party.
In 2008 and 2009 the US Congress ignored emails, faxes, and phone calls from their constituents between 10:1 and 100:1 against the TARP and Stimulus bills and passed them anyway. The result is another $2-$3 trillion of national debt, trillion dollar deficits as far as the eye can see, failed bailouts of failed companies that continue on to bankruptcy, trillions lent to banks that turn around and overcharge customers, and the printing of massive amounts of new money. Congress has become a legislative body that does not represent the people. Americans did not vote for economic chaos, but that is what they got. Tax Day Tea Parties are a protest against taxation gone mad, against local, state, and national governments that expect we the people to sacrifice financially so the government can grow during an economic downturn, against a Congress that does not represent us, and against the foolishness of past government decisions that has landed us in this economic position. If you think that deserves protest, no matter what your political affiliation might be otherwise, please join us.
- WATCH OUT!
- Be aware there will be attempts to embarrass the Tea Party movement by having infiltrators join demonstrations and act obscene, violent or crazy in front of television cameras. We don’t know if this will happen in Gulfport. Beware anyway.
Pass this around! Be there. Be safe. Have fun. Listen, Learn, and Share.
Trackposted to Blog @ MoreWhat.com, Political Byline, third world county, The World According to Carl, The Pink Flamingo, CORSARI D’ITALIA, Right Voices, and Stageleft, thanks to Linkfest Haven Deluxe. Technorati Tags: Politics, Tax Day, Tea Party, Tax Day Tea Party, Gulfport, Biloxi